Book Us For A Display, Ceilidh Or More
We’re very happy to give displays of Scottish Country Dancing at fetes and festivals or as entertainments for local clubs, parties or weddings or to provide talks about things Scottish.
The display might just be a straightforward demonstration of Scottish Country Dancing with its foot-tapping music, but, if you would like, we can follow that by inviting members of the audience to have a go at a few simple dances – with our display team members providing a helping hand.
Recent examples of what we have provided are:
- Entertainment at a retirement home including a display of dancing, Scottish poetry recitations and community singing Scottish songs.
- A speaker to address the haggis and a dance display for a retirement home’s Burns’ Celebration.
- For a Conservative Association Burns Night a formal dance demonstration and a ceilidh dance.
- Dance sessions for youth groups such as Brownies, Scouts and Beavers.
- A talk on the history of Scottish Country Dancing, along with demonstrations and participation for a WI group.
- Ceilidh dances for weddings, fund raisers and other special occasions
We don’t charge for displays, but do ask for a donation to the charity we are currently supporting.
To discuss your requirements get in touch with our Displays Secretary. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01442 261525.